Our History

The history of our company has been very eventful and - for the most part - successful. It is these entrepreneurial imponderabilities, the highs as well as the lows, which have helped e + h Services AG to expand. Step by step. Until it was clear which strengths and core skills were the ones that would point the way to the future. Today we are the leading commercial enterprise for brand-name articles in the household, tools and garden sectors.

 1931-2005  
1931-2005: Introduction of the process-oriented organisational structure. Acquisition of the assets of Egro Culinaria AG as well as the expansion and consolidation of the range of products in the household and gifts sectors with the brand names Rösle, Waechtersbach etc.

2003/2004: Expansion of the strategic partnerships, in our capacity of the general agency in Switzerland, with various brand name suppliers such as PB Swiss Tools, Bahco, Raaco, Stanley and others. This has enabled us to strengthen our market position.

1999: Renaming of E + H Einkauf + Lager AG to e + h Services AG. We expand our range of services to include the core skills of procurement, logistics and marketing/sales for various sectors.

1998: We achieve the turnaround.

1997: Financial difficulties at the parent company Nürnberger Bund. Management buyout by the staff members of E + H Einkauf + Lager AG. Restructuring takes place.

1992: Nürnberger Bund Grosseinkauf eG, based in Essen, takes over the majority of the share capital of E + H Einkauf + Lager AG.

1991: Opening of the modern distribution centre in Däniken.

1990: Merger of E + H Einkauf + Lager AG with the Intersport Group to Intersport Holding AG.

1986: Acquisition of all shareholdings in Hasler-Handels AG by EDE. The EDE retail cooperative becomes the sole owner of E + H Einkauf + Lager AG. 1983: Establishment of E + H Einkauf und Lager AG, Däniken, with a branch in Winterthur by EDE and Hasler. Takeover of the entire Hasler workforce by E + H Einkauf + Lager AG.
 
1982: Cooperation between EDE retail cooperative and the similar Hasler-Handels AG, Winterthur.

1966: Inauguration of the training centre for ironmongers in Däniken. The first Swiss commodity exchange for ironware is also situated in Däniken.

1965: Extension with showroom. Opening of the first cash & carry wholesale warehouse in Switzerland.

1957: Relocation from Zürich to a new warehouse and office building in Däniken.

1931: Establishment of the retail cooperative (Self-help Organisation of the Swiss Ironmongery Trade for Improved Market Conditions) based in Zürich.